Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, July 08, 2004


"Recap: Independance Day Weekend"

This past weekend my parents came down here to Milwaukee for a visit. They had decided to once again come and see my sister in one of her theatre shows in Sheboygan, but also to visit with both of us and turn the extended holiday weekend into a bit of a vacation.

Saturday night they stayed in a hotel here in the city, and then early on Sunday, the four of us (including my sister Lydia who made the trip from Minnesota with them) went up to Kiel for Church. For the rest of the day we enjoyed lunch and dinner in Sheboygan, as well as a little shopping and down time. It was an enjoyable way to spend time with family, and a great way to enjoy a vacation.

One of the best things about the trip up to Sheboygan, though, (other than spending time with family) was the hotel. It had a hot-tub and an indoor pool. Yes, yes... I know, I'm a sucker for such simple pleasures. But I'll be honest, it's been a while since I enjoyed either of those, so I decided not to turn down the opportunity. Since I'd gone up there, the plan was that I'd just stay in the hotel with family, rather than return to Milwaukee.

The hot-tub was relaxing. Unless you own one of your own, and have a private pool in your own yard, something like this is usually a rare treat. Warm water, followed by a cooling pool with few to no people swimming at the time, makes for a great way to spend part of an evening!

On Monday, after a restful sleep, I awoke to Sheboygan's celebration of American Independance. Today, Rachel (sister) was part of the local Sheboygan Theatre Company's performance of "Red, White, and Rosie" -- a musical about the historic WWII icon, Rosie the Riveter. Although I think this was a well written musical with catchy songs, and a good overall production, the Sheboygan performance was actually only the fifth time this show has ever been performed -- anywhere. That I found rather odd, especially considering that it was written in the mid 1980's.

On Tuesday, my parents (and Lydia) set out to return to Minnesota, and Rachel (and my friend Tricia) returned me to Milwaukee. It was an excellent vacation from the norm, and a great few days spent away from my apartment. Of course, now that I'm back, it's back to business for me. But at least Independance Day this year was a memorable one.

Have a blessed day all, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)