Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, July 27, 2004


"Recap: Mockingbird Audition"

I think the audition went pretty well to be honest. I had fun, tried a few things, and met a few fellow thespians along the way. You can't really have a better audition than that.

I've never actually auditioned at that particular theatre before, so to see the variety of people that showed up certainly impressed me. It also cast that theatre in a good light. Actor interest is a great thing to see in a theatre. It goes a long way toward interesting me in future auditions there. That's also a good thing. :)

I was a little surprised though at the reactions I got from fellow auditionees when I tried something creative or attempted something no one else seemed to think of -- such as something seemingly as simple as making use of props during the audition. To me that just made sense. Take risks. Be inventive. Try new things. Most of those who I auditioned with, just did the typical "stand around and read from the script" sort of thing. While that works in high school or perhaps college auditions to some degree, I was kind of hoping here for a little more interaction while on stage. As a result, I probably stood out a bit.

But, then again, maybe that earned me a little notice from the director? Who knows.

I read for a variety of roles actually, nothing too specific. My intent was to go out there, find a new theatre I'd never acted at, and give it a shot. I also find that I have a great interest in the story, "To Kill a Mockingbid", although I don't really know why. That said, this was probably a perfect show to audition for then, and a worthy introduction to this particular theatre.

Now, all that remains to be seen, is what the director thought. I'll probably find that out sometime in early September. These were the early auditions. My fingers are certainly crossed, but I've learned never to expect anything. We'll see.

It is a good feeling to have my foot back in theatre again, though. I truely do miss it when I'm away. I love to act, and I've loved playing pretend since I was a kid. I'm still Hollywood-bound, but I'm more than happy to take the long way to get there. It builds character. I like character. Acting is in my blood. It must run in the family. :)

Ah, well, have a blessed rest of the week all. I'll catch you on the marrow.

Your happily blogging actor friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)