Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, July 15, 2004


"Today, One Year Ago"

My how time flies.

Today, right about this time last year -- July 15, 2003 -- I was returning home after spending a long 13-hour day on the Hollywood set of the soon-to-be released Bernie Mac movie, "Mr. 3000". I wrote an online behind-the-scenes journal entry of the time I spent there.

By the end of July, I would have spent a total of fifteen days on that set. I ended up keeping (non-spoiler) journal entries of each of those days as well.

Now, though, it's a full year later. Filming is complete. The movie is edited, and before long, "Mr. 3000" will finally be in theatres nationwide. I had the blessing to witness the story as an actor in front of the camera -- to be part of the story. Now, on September 24, I can see the whole thing from the other side of the camera. The side the story was meant to be seen from -- the silver screen.

Yes, it's been a year now since I lived and breathed the sights and sounds of the set. I had a blast and enjoyed every minute of the opportunity! And I wouldn't give it back for the world. I'm pretty sure this won't be the last Hollywood set I step onto either. No, there are just some things that stay with you in life. For me, acting is one of them. There will be more movie sets. I'll just have keep my fingers crossed and watch for them.

...Now, if only there was a way for plain simple me to attend the official film premiere in Los Angeles! Then I would be in actor heaven! And oh what a way to top off an awesome film experience that would be! The opportunity of a lifetime!
(Hey, I can dream, can't I!?)

My how time flies. :)

Ah, well, anyway,... I think I am going to go dream... :)

Until tomarrow,

Your happily blogging actor friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)