Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, August 13, 2004


"Athens Summer Olympics"

You know, I realized something frightening today. I almost missed the opening ceremonies for the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens!

Yes, I almost missed the best part in my mind! Being of the artist mind that I am, the opening ceremonies are a wonderful look at symbolism and creativity from the perspective of the hosting nation.

The Athens Olympic Opening Ceremony interested me especially due to the fact that some of the worlds earliest and most sophisicticated art came out of Greece. I was particular impressed with the artistic presentation of it all. Athens played on that quite nicely. People posing as life-like representations of Greek art throughout the ages. That was clever. Very well done. Of course, it probably did have added interest for me becasue it combines both art as well as dramatic presentation. But, honestly, I'm usually a sucker by good combinations like that anyway, so nothing new there. :)

When it comes to the rest of the Olympics, though, I'll probably just watch what I can of the gymnastic events, maybe some of the track and field events, and then the closing ceremonies. Otherwise, the rest of the competition generally holds little interest for me. I'll just sit back, and catch the results in passing on the nightly news... and hope the best athlete wins.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)