Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, August 09, 2004


"More Landscaping & Job-Search Status"

Well, there isn't really a whole lot to say about today... other than more landscaping that is. Landscaping out at my landlord's other apartment building in the area. As of this afternoon, though, the original three-day project of removing dirt and replacing it with woodchips is now complete. :)

Tom (landlord) did quote me a price on the project, though, as well as offering me the option of some additional work beyond that previously done. He's offered me $15/hour for the work, and has invited me to give him a hand by cutting down two trees on that same apartment lot. I jumped at the chance. At the moment, I'm still seeking new employment, and the freelance work is at a frightening low. So the work is proving to be a good temporary source of income (although essentially it all goes to rent in the end), as well as a great way to occupy my frequent spare time.

I've been told that he will likely have some additional projects for me in the near future. I'm certainly happy to oblidge. Income is income, regardless of the project. Wednesday, I'll be cutting down those trees. The additional work is yet to be scheduled.

In other matters, I'm still waiting to hear from a great deal of the companies I've sent my resume and portfolio to. I'm planning to have to bug them about that again on Thursday when I undertake another "resume-day". Honestly, I'd really just appreciate responses -- of any kind -- from them. This waiting game is getting on my nerves. Time is money, and right now, time is what I have the most of. :)

But, we'll see how things go I guess. Perseverence and patience seem to be the most valuable traits for this job search. I have both. I just hate having to use so much of both for such a seemingly dead-end task. We'll see I guess. A lot more is bound to be determined yet this week. I'm hoping it proves to be good news.

Have a blessed day, all. Until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)