Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, August 06, 2004


"My legs! I can't feel my legs!"

Well, ok, it's not that bad. But I am sore. Very sore. I just completed my second of three days doing landscaping work out at one of my landlord's other apartment buildings. It's a heck of a lot of work for one person. But thankfully, I'm doing it in return for a reduction in rent this month.

The project actually has me ripping up grass along both sides of a driveway, carting that and much of the dirt away, and then filling the new gouges with wood chips. It involves a lot of digging, hauling, and hefting. Very intensive manual labor. But, on the upside, it's good exercise, and seems to be adding good muscle tone. I can handle that.

The other good part of this work though, is that the hardest part of the project is now complete. No more hauling or hefting wheel-barrow's full of dirt, sod, or clumps of grass. The driveway work is finished (and looking pretty attractive too!). The third, and final part of the project just involves filling in an area around the back parking lot with the wood chips. No digging or grass removal required. That will probably be a project for Monday or Tuesday, depending upon my schedule for next week. But we'll see how it goes.

When all is said and done though,... man am I sore! Either I'm out of shape, or I'm not used to this kind of intensive manual labor. I think I've gotta work out more. :p

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)