Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, August 08, 2004


"Rediscovering an Old Friendship"

It's amazing how some things work out the way they do. Today, Scott decided to take his grandmother to church. She lives close to St. Marcus Lutheran Church here in Milwaukee. I went along, out of convenience.

After the service, and an excellent sermon by Paster Mark Jeske, my old college friend Rachel R. surprised me by tapping me on the shoulder and saying hi. We had lost contact since she moved to Chicago three years ago after graduation. She was a year ahead of me. Apparently, though, she is living here in Milwaukee again since June, and St. Marcus is her home church! Alright! How wonderful it that!?

And what's even more interesting, is that apparently she now lives only a few blocks from where I do. I can walk there. Yeah, something tells me the opportunities for visiting each other again -- like the old days in college -- will easily make themselves available again. I find that to be a very enjoyable happenstance! It's little surprises like this that make life so interesting.

Maybe that old saying that good friends are rarely ever lost is true. Sometimes chance just sends them on a hiatus,... and you rediscover them years later. :)

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)