Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, August 27, 2004


"Retail Free Horizons?"

Well, today concluded a week at my new job. So far, not bad. I think I can really enjoy this place. For once, I've found a job that I feel very comfortable at. Small company. Office environment. Open to creative thinking. Perfect.

Incidently, my roomate Scott also found new employment. He'll be working in the copy center at a local Office Depot. (Way to go Scott!) :)

I do find that ironic, though. I did that same job for two weeks way back when before getting a better offer from Barnes and Noble. Copy center. Office Max. Not fun. I doubt I would have stayed there very long either, had I not recieved the better offer. Stiffling environment. No room for creative thought. But, then again, after eight months at Barnes and Noble I discovered the same thing. Go figure.

I guess me and retail jobs just don't get along. I'm a thinker. No one cares what you're thinking in retail. It's all about making money to line someone else's pockets. Where's the joy in that. It's dull, boring, and utterly lifeless. The kind of place that sucks a person like me dry. No, I don't live long in employment like that. My mind needs stimulation, creativity.

Don't get me wrong, though, I certainly wish Scott the best of luck in that position. I know he's looked long and hard for a job. He deserves this. Maybe it'll be different for him. Perhaps he'll find interest in it. I hope so. For me, working at this graphics company, is what I've been praying for. I'm looking forward to making the most of it, even if it is just for four more months.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)