Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, September 28, 2004


"Update: Seven Days from Last Tuesday"

I must offer my sincere applogies to all my readers out there. As of today, my last post was a week ago. That's bad news -- even if just in my mind.

Unfortunately I've gotten so busy and preoccupied over here, that I haven't gotten around to posting. As a result there's been a lull in the daily musings for you to enjoy, and it's been rather quiet around here. But, we'll see if I can change that. :)

Most of the silence, though, has actually been due to rehearsals for "To Kill a Mockingbird". They've been going great, and I'm having a blast, but they tend to eat up my evenings again. As a result, on a normal day, I work during the early afternoon, come home, get changed, grab the bus to rehearsal, come home again by 10:30pm, have dinner, and go to bed shortly thereafter. I'm up again by 10am the next morning, and off to work again by noon.

But it keeps me busy, and I'd rather be creatively occupied than have nothing to do.

The good thing is, though, this stage show -- even just a week into rehearsal -- is shaping up wonderfully. We've got a full cast of 32 people, some excellent local stage actors, a well-designed set, and a classic among the volumes of award-winning literature. In short, we've got an excellent show in the works. But, then again, can you really expect anything less from one of the best-known theatres in the Milwaukee area? :)

Beyond the stage, work at my graphics company is going well. I get along with my co-workers, the projects are enjoyable, and I actually look forward to going into work each day. (That's certainly more than I can say for some of the previous places I've worked.). But I like it here. The only downside is that my position is only available until mid-December. On the other hand, though, I'll probably have some new contacts that may prove helpful once that position disappears. So, maybe it is a win-win situation afterall. :)

In other news....

I've found myself with a new appreciation for my artist friend Diana whose company I've been enjoying a lot lately. I've been doing a lot of writing, and I've been trying to enjoy the last of the nice weather before the snow flies. But beyond that though, not a whole lot of note has happened these past seven days.... Just me keeping busy, and having fun doing so.

Hopefully I'll be back to posting regularly again, though, too. Sometimes it just comes down to a matter of exhaustion or lack of motivation by the time I sit down at my computer. I've gotta work on that a bit though. But we'll see. A lot is happening around here, and whether I'm writing it all down here or not, I'm always musing.

But, I think I'm off to bed now. My Tuesday has come to an end. I'll be sure to check in again tomorrow after rehearsal with more muse-worthy bits of information, so stay tuned.

But until then, have a wonderful Wednesday, and God Bless!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)