Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, October 30, 2004


"Seven Days in October"

Wow, what a long week it's been. Long and rather busy.

Last Sunday we had our first Sunday of performances for "To Kill A Mockingbird", one at 2pm, and the second at 7pm. Both went well, and we had excellent audience turnout. An elderly couple -- volunteers at the theatre for years -- even invited the cast over to their house between shows and provided a wonderful meal. This just further proves my belief that -- for a community theatre -- Sunset Playhouse continues is the best of it's kind here in Milwaukee.

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays were off-days from performances and/or rehearsals, which was a welcome change. I've been literally living at the theatre most nights for the past few weeks. Having three nights off to myself has been great. Although, I actually did have friends over during that break, so they weren't really days to myself. But, spending time with friends you care about is a blessing in and of itself, so it's all good. :P

Thursday was back to business with another evening performance, which went well. Friday held yet another excellent show. Both nights provided near sell-out audiences. And then today (Saturday) gave us two more back to back performances -- and once again the star treatment as dinner was provided between both shows.

So, it's been a busy seven days -- most of it spent at work during the day, and delighting audiences at night. Toss in about eight hours of sleep here and there, just enough time for various meals, and you've got yet another week in the life of an actor. And what fun it's been! I wouldn't have it any other way... (well, ok, maybe it would be nice to get paid for this show, but hey, you can't have everything!).

Have a blessed new week all. More from me as I can get it written. :)

Your happily blogging, busy actor friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)