Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, October 23, 2004


"Staged Double-Header"

Two theatre performances back to back can actually be rather exhausting, especially in a show with this kind of intensity. Today, our first performance opened at 5pm and concluded around 7:30pm. Half an hour later we opened our second performance. Each show runs between two and two and a half hours long. That's a long show.

As it turned out, though, we had just enough time between the two shows for a wonderful lasagne meal prepared for us by the stage manager. For a cast of thirty-two, that's a lot of lasagne, but it was much appreciated. I usually prefer not to eat a large meal before a performance, but considering my growling stomach during the intense court scene of the first, I decided to make an exception. And, in a way, it actually proved to be just what the doctor ordered. Overall, our second show ended up being the better of the two. Go figure. :P

By 10:30pm our evening of performances had come to a close and I took off to catch a bus home. Needless-to-say however, now that I'm back home again, the stiff muscles and need for sleep have finally caught up with me. So I guess I won't be staying up late to catch up on things. Ah, well, such is life in the theatre. :P

Tomorrow is yet another staged "double-header", and a Sunday at that. Traditionally, Sundays are usually good theatre days, so, I suppose I should catch a restful night of sleep. The more the better, right? Besides, I've gotta keep that energy level up... Playing a racist unemployed Southern farmer during the Great Depression in 1935 Alabama can take a lot out of you. :P

Have a blessed Sunday all, enjoy the autumn weather, and until the morrow,

Your happily blogging actor friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)