Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, November 02, 2004


"Election Day 2004: President John Kerry?"

There was a certain amount of excitement in the air today -- It's election day here in the United States. By early tomorrow morning, we could either have a new President, or an extended term awarded to our current President. Unfortunately, it's a very close race this year, and predicting a winner at this point is impossible.

At work today, conversation about the election seemed guarded, and very little was discussed, yet I am certain it weighed heavily on the minds of most of my co-workers. After work, as I was walking home, I saw a large number of eager Kerry supporters holding up signs on street corners illiciting honks from passing vehicles. I even saw an airplane pulling one of those airbourne banners -- also promoting John Kerry. Then there were the abundance of bumper stickers, the yard signs, and even the animated conversations I overheard about how great a leader John Kerry would be for America. With all this evidence of support for John Kerry, I couldn't help but wonder, what if he does win? And how can a man with such low integrity be garnering such strong support?

I'll be honest, when it comes to politics, I'm a strong conservative Republican, and a firm George Bush supporter. When I think about the strong likelihood of an unstable John Kerry presidency, it frightens me. He's not a leader, has no political morality, and he isn't even running on a steady platform. He may be a nice guy, sure, but if he wins the election, the facts seem to point towards America heading down a road of instability, vulnerability, and weakness... and I don't want to imagine that scenario. I love my country, but I don't think John Kerry is the man to lead it.

So, I've been praying a lot lately... Praying for God's will in this election, and praying that whatever the outcome, God will use it to strengthen the Christian Church here on Earth. The election results are now firmly in the hearts and minds of my fellow American voters. I truely do hope the best man wins.

I'll be watching the election coverage on television this evening... Here's hoping my fears can be laid to rest. Pray that America votes wisely. Our future depends upon it.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)