Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, December 12, 2004


"Christmas in Wisconsin"

I think I really disappointed my parents recently. I mentioned that I was planning on staying here in Milwaukee this Christmas, rather than going home. While I am breaking with tradition, I just felt like doing something different this year... and to a degree, avoiding the six-hour solitary road trip up to Minnesota. A part of me feels bad about this decision, as I love my family dearly, but the other part is really excited to spend Christmas wrapped up in artistic ventures... by myself... in my own apartment. For some reason that has me all giddy.

I don't know. Maybe this is just my year to play Grinch. I have, afterall, just visited with my entire family (and then some) for Thanksgiving, and I have had visits from my parents many times this year. I am neither homesick to see them, nor do I wish to avoid them. I'm just in the mood for something different.

That, and I really want to take in Christmas at my home church down here. I've never done that before.... And I really really like this congregation. Christmas there might truely be an uplifting experience in and of itself! :P

Here's to a blessed holiday season to all, and to those at home whom I do love very much, have a wonderful Christmas. I may be staying down here 300 miles away, but I'll certainly be thinking of you, and praying that there's snow outside, lots of brightly colored gifts under the tree... and plenty of eggnog for all! :)

Have a blessed new week all, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)