Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, January 18, 2005


"Audition Tuesday"

Today was a day of auditions. I was hoping to be part of it, but alas, that just wasn't so. I'd been looking forward to the auditions for "The Rainmaker", by N. Richard Nash, at my favorite theatre, but unfortunately, as it turns out, my schedule has a number of personal conflicts and I can't be part of it. So, no romantic stage comedy for me... this time anyay. I'll just have to wait until the next show.

But, even though my hopes to audition for this show fell through, I still got to watch a few other people go through a similar experience. Yes, tonight was the premiere of American Idol 4 -- everyone's favorite television music contest. And I had a front row seat from the comfort of my own home. (Mmmmm... warm blanket...) :P

As usual, most of the auditioners knew nothing about successful auditioning, and even more had probably never even heard their voice outside their own head. The unrealistic lure of fame and fortune was greater on the 100,000 people that auditioned, than was the concept of being professionally prepared. But, that's typical of the early rounds in American Idol, and by design. I certainly feel for those that didn't have a chance, but the truth of the matter is, it's not as easy as it looks. Success doesn't come easy, and only those who look at it realistically really have the greatest chance.

But, in the end, despite not being able to actually audition as planned, I was still able to make it an audition night, and that made me happy. I also got to endulge in an annual hobby of adding a third favorite television series to my list of current television "must-see's", as well as maintaining the American Idol messageboard that goes with it. So, all-in-all, I can't complain. :)

Afterall, if I had been able to audition for the stage show, I would not have been able to enjoy American Idol. It just happened to work out the other way around. Not everything works out as planned, however, keeping an open mind about those disappointments usually leads to optimism and alternative opportunities. And I'm certainly all about optimism!

So, here's to my next audition... and another enjoyable evening of American Idol tomorrow night! :P

Have a blessed Wednesday all, and until then,

Your happily blogging actor friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)