Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, January 26, 2005


"Back to the 'Ole Drawing Board"

It's mid-morning right now, and I'm about to head off to bed for the "night". It may seem odd to say that, as most people usually work during the day and sleep at night, but the past few days I've been doing something different, and working myself into the opposite schedule.

See, personally I find the overnight hours -- when everyone else is sleeping -- to be my best creative time. It's quiet, my roomate is sound asleep, and it's just me and the creative process. I love that kind of marriage. And, since I'm between acting gigs right now, working to improve my own self-employment ventures, and hopefully securing something beyond those areas, I can take advantage of setting my own hours again. Afterall, in a week or two, who knows, I may just be right back on a regular day schedule again, and then I would have lost this rare opportunity.

So, I've chosen to utilize some of this creative time to start a few more off-computer projects. As such, one of my favorite non-digital artistic topics is graphite portraiture. It's something I love, and have a great passion for. It's also something for which I've found the most success. This evening I began work on a new one featuring a beautiful young upscale 1890's woman. I'm basing it off of a vintage photograph from Scott's collection of geneological photos, and so far it's already taking shape nicely. Give it a few more days, and I could concievably have another personal favorite in my collection. :P

For now, though, I'm just going to enjoy the process, eagerly put pencil to paper, and see what results. Afterall, a journey towards anything is best travelled with patience, passion, and prayer, and right now, I have plenty of each. Here's to doing something you love. May it never go wrong when your heart is in the right place.

Have a blessed Wednesday all, and I'll see you in the evening when I awake.

Your happily blogging artist friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)