Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, January 22, 2005


"More Snow"

Hmm. More snow overnight than I expected. As of 2pm this afternoon I've already shoveled three times today. Once at 2am this morning (yes, I was shoveling in the middle of the night!), again around 6am, and just recently at about 1pm. Each time the task amounted to a significant degree of labor.

Where I live, we've already gotten over a foot of snow overnight, with 2-5 more inches still predicted before the day is through. Add that to the eight inches or so that was already on the ground, and, ...well, you do the math.

Oh, and you know what I found today? While I was shovelling, I noticed there are actually cars parked in our parking lot! Yeah, imagine that... under all that snow, there are actually cars! It certainly boggles the mind doesn't it! :P

I did have to laugh later too though. Once again I think God was having a little fun at our expense. After my third time shoveling this afternoon -- during which Scott (roomate) assisted me -- we'd both been outside for about an hour. The snow kept falling, easily covering what we'd just shoveled moments before, and notable winds kept wipping some of it back into our faces. It probably wasn't an ideal nor efficient time to be shovelling, but, the task had to be done.

However, just when we called it quits and came inside, we glanced out the window to find that just like that it was no longer snowing, the wind was not blowing the snow around anymore, and the sun was shining quite brilliantly. It was as if God was chuckling at our toils and saying, "ok, smart guys, NOW I'll make the weather favorable!" I tell ya, God certainly has a well-developed sense of humor!

I should probably take advantage of the sun, go back out, and shovel the half inch that fell on what we already shovelled, but, you know what, I think I'll just stay inside this time. I'll probably go back out this evening and take care of anything that's still left. But for now, I'll just enjoy the warmth of the sun from indoors. I've already seen too much snow for one day. :P

Have a blessed Saturday all. I'll write again later.

Your happily blogging snow-covered friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)