Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, January 02, 2005


"New Years Day Eve"

This year I ended up getting distracted into other projects on New Years Eve. So, I unfortunately lost track of time, missed watching the ball drop in Times Square, and generally shot any personal New Years Eve plans.

Thankfully, however, I decided to rectify the oversight and do my own thing this year. Thus New Years Day Eve (Saturday night) became my own New Years Eve celebration. One night belated, sure, but hey, well worth it nonetheless.

At home we have a family tradition where we select a good movie to watch on New Years Eve. Often that tradition has included a bit of a buffet style snack set-up complete with eggnog, crackers, cheese, etc. Although not at home this Holiday season, I chose to do the same here in Milwaukee. Just me, a mini snack buffett, a warm blanket, eggnog, and a good movie.

For Christmas my parents had given me the movie, "The Alamo" -- a personal favorite -- and had suggested I could watch it on New Years Eve. This was also the film they had planned to watch. So, in a way, I would still be able to "join" them in the family tradition. Just my luck, though, I missed New Years Eve, and had already watched The Alamo just before Christmas. Having recently checked out two movies from Blockbuster, however -- "The Majestic" and "Raising Helen" -- I watched Raising Helen instead. Given the circumstances, it seemed to be an appropriate choice... and reminded me somewhat of home.

So, although the movie was different, the family was absent, and I was a day late in celebrating, I still ended up having a wonderfully New Years celebration.

I guess that's one of the nice things about celebrating the Holidays on your own. If you miss one of them, no one else knows. :P

As we welcome in 2005, it is my prayer that you all have a blessed new year. Stay warm, and don't forget to sign your checks with a "5" now instead of a "4". I know I'm bound to forget that at some point this January. Happens every year. :P

Have a wonderful new week all!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)