Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, February 14, 2005


"A Day Year for Love"

To those that celebrate it, Happy Valentines Day. :)

Personally, as far as I'm concerned, I'm not all that fond of the "holiday", and that has very little to do with my status as a single bachelor. See, I don't really need a special day to let my friends and loved ones know that I care about them. I try to make a point of doing that far more frequently. To me, it just seems foolish to make such a big point out of celebrating love merely on Valentines Day, when it should be something shared all 365 days of the year.

Now I'm certainly not opposed to love and romance -- far far from it actually! But the commercialization of Valentine's Day annoys me. Those who want to profit from the holiday try to convince you that your relationship is in trouble, and you have to prove it monetarily -- in the middle of February -- to keep it alive and well. Hah. Right. That's a stupid concept. True love is much stronger and deeper than that. And it's certainly not going to fail if gifts or flowers aren't recieved on February 14th.

However, if you do happen to fall for that romantic commercialization, or if Valentines Day truely is a special day for you, then, hey, go for it! Celebrate. Have fun. I won't think any less of you. But as far as I'm concerned, I plan to continue celebrating the love in my life all year long. It's one of the greatest blessings God could ever bless us with, and one day doesn't even come close to thanking Him for it. Try a lifetime!

So, this Valentines Day, I am proud to say, I have sent no flowers. I have given no chocolates. I have shared no passionate kisses. But to all those whom I do love and care about, I'll send you a warm hug. Your love and friendship means far more to me than money or gifts, and I'm willing to show that as often as I can!

Have a blessed Monday all, enjoy the new week, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)