Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, February 04, 2005


"Friday's Musings"

It's been an interesting Friday, although, unfortunately, not quite as productive as I had hoped. I was a little too chummy with my arch-nemesis, Procrastination. He stops by every once in a while, and when he does, we often have a lot to catch up on. But thankfully he's gone now, and it's back to business as usual. Tomorrow, I hear that my good friend Determination is stopping by again. I'm looking forward to it. I always enjoy his company.

Today did almost break a record though. Had it not been for that two hour nap earlier in the afternoon, this would have been the first time in quite a while (possibly even a year) that I would have been conscious for 24 straight hours. Yes, that's nearly a full rotation of the earth without any sleep. For me that's rare. I may have been able to accomplish that feat with greater ease back in college, but I'm not in college anymore. These days I usually hit my limit somewhere around 18 hours, at best.

In other local [JonBaas] news today. Here in Milwaukee, the weather was absolutely beautiful today! I took a walk in the mid-afternoon to run a few errands, and the temperature was in the high 40's. Very nice weather! No hat, scarf, or gloves were needed, and the jacket stayed unzipped. The depths of snow still on the ground were melting and running into the gutters as muddy, salty water, the sky was proudly revealing the warming sun, and I even saw a few people out and about on their bicycles. Today was a beautiful day, and one I was thrilled to be able to enjoy. Tomorrow I hear the temperatures are going to top 50 degrees. Maybe I'll have another walk to look forward to!

And finally, as I close this these Friday hours, how about a quote for the day. This one I felt was quite appropriate. Enjoy.

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have a blessed Saturday, and until the morrow,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)