Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, February 07, 2005


"SuperBowl Commercials 2005"

It always surprises me how people can get so excited about the SuperBowl and/or the commercials. Lately I've been losing interest quite rapidly. Unless the Green Bay Packers make it into a SuperBowl, I could care less about the game. And, considering how utterly unremarkable the commercials have been lately, I don't even get all that excited about those anymore. In fact, I had no qualms ignoring the SuperBowl this year. None whatsoever. I guess the thrill wore off back in college.

But, for those that may be curious, as I was this morning, I decided to check out the review of the SuperBowl commercials at IFilm. As follows are my personal reviews of the best and worst of those spots.

TOP FOUR COMMERCIALS:
1. Diet Pepsi - P. Diddy Truck Trend
2. Budweiser: Cedric Designated Driver Dance (tie)
2. Bud Light: Cedric Fantasy (tie)
4. FedEx: Dancing Burt

MOST CREATIVE COMMERCIALS:
1. McIlhenny Tabasco: Tanlines
2. Ford Mustang - Frozen in Fargo
3. Toyota Hybrid: Get Moving

MOST APPROPRIATE COMMERCIAL:
Anheuser Busch: Thanking the Troops

I'd like to see this one air on a regular basis.

HONORABLE MENTION:
Heineken: Brad Pitt

DUMBEST COMMERCIAL(S):
Both McDonalds "Lincoln Fry" commercials

Stupid and uncreative. Ugh!

WORST COMMMERCIAL(S):
Both Godaddy.com commercials

...Enjoy, and feel free to share your favorites. Have a blessed Monday!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)