Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, March 26, 2005


"Baseball Fever: Going, Going, Long Gone!"

Ok, I think it's about time I fully recognize that I do indeed have a third passion in life -- Baseball. Not just a mere love, no, another "keeps-me-alive" blood-pumping kind of passion. The kind of passion that cannot be removed. I think it's time I officially add it to my other two, acting and art.

Without a doubt, America's Pasttime needs to be placed among those things I hold dear in my own life (other than my deeply loved friends and family, and my spiritual faith of course). When it comes to baseball, I eagerly played it for a year in high school. I have a deep loyalty to the Milwaukee Brewers, my hometown team. I maintain a successful fantasy sports league now in it's fifth year. One of my favorite computer games is even that of a baseball simulation, not to mention the fact that I grew up playing only the best baseball board game ever created. I used to dream up games to put me to sleep when I was younger. I even played it nearly every summer day in the backyard with my brothers when I was growing up. And, baseball is the only professional sport I care about deeply, enough that it truely runs through my veins.

I think that qualifies as a recognized passion, don't you? :)

I took some time again this morning to watch "The Rookie" starring Dennis Quaid. Excellent baseball film. One of the best in fact. And I certainly won't lie to you when I say, it's one movie that definitely brings out the softer side in me. Seriously. And, once again it served as a reminder not only to pursue my own goals wholeheartedly, but to not be afraid of defying the odds in doing so. We all need reminders like that every once in a while. Even me.

So, while I officially declare my adoration of baseball, and add it to my list of deeply rooted personal passions, I remember too why I love it... An American invention nearly as old as this nation, it holds for me a strong connection to history, hundreds of stories of other past dreamers like myself, and many many powerful memories from my own youth. Put those three together, and I have an irreversable love that cannot be erased from my heart.

Now... If only I can remain patient for that one woman who can do the very same thing, then I'll be as close to heaven as I can get (before actually getting there)! Life is good when you dream big!

Have a blessed Saturday all, and until next time,

Your deeply passionate blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)