Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, March 20, 2005


"Stargate SG-1"

You know, I really miss cable television. My old roomate and I used to have it for free -- apparently thanks to the two medical students who lived in this apartment before us. And I guess when they moved out, the service was never shut off. So, for a year, Noah and I blissfully enjoyed the benefits of basic cable.

Well, I for one, really enjoyed some of the programming -- especially on the Sci-Fi channel! Man, I tell ya, I'm a real nut for good science fiction. One of my favorite series was actually the Richard Dean Anderson, Stargate SG-1. I had been introduced to it during my four years in college. I loved that series. In fact, I watched it almost religiously! It was a great series, creative, had an excellent cast, entertaining plots....

Then -- somewhere in the middle of the fifth season -- the cable connection in my current apartment was inadvertantly removed or upgraded, and no more Sci-Fi. Yep, twas was a sad sad day in Jon Land. No more Stargate. As a result, I've been in withdrawal for the past two years. And there's nothing more painful to a creatively-minded individual than to be deprived of great television.

Tonight, however, I realized something astonishing. Syndicated episodes of Stargate are still shown at 11:30pm Saturday nights on FOX! Yeah, I know, I couldn't contain my joy either! I can still get my "fix"! Guess were I'll be late every Saturday?!

Ah, yes, the simple joys of life. Finding something special that had been lost. What can be better? I tell you, life is good when it revolves around the simple things! Life is good.

Have a blessed Sunday all! I know I will. :)

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)