Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, April 04, 2005


"Post-Interview Recap"

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day to get outside! Seventy degrees and sunny -- the very epitome of Springtime. To say that I love days like this, is definitely an understatement! But to have had the chance to get outside and truely enjoy it... Priceless!

My interview for the bakery company was at 9am up on the Northeastern side of Milwaukee. For me, that meant a full hour bus ride from where I live -- thankfully all on one bus. But I didn't mind. On a downright lovely day like today, that ride took me past the bustle of Marquette University, through downtown, along the spectacular morning Lake Michigan lakefront, and up to a very quaint small-town part of Milwaukee (And I do like small towns!). As I had made a point of arriving early -- since I'm not all that familiar with Whitefish Bay -- I took the time to walk around a bit and get to know the place. My final assessment? I definitely like it. :)

After waiting the last half hour before I was to meet my interviewer, I stopped into the retail/bakery section of their location to inquire where I was to go. The two young woman behind the counter were very friendly and helpful, and I even ran into Michelle -- the individual who would be interviewing me -- as she was grabbing her morning coffee. She invited me to sample one of their baked goods before joining her across the street in the offices, which of course I couldn't resist doing. So, before heading to the interview, I chose a banana bread muffin. Mmmm. Very tasty! But then again, who am I kidding, I'm definitely a bread kind of guy through and through. Afterall, having grown up with a mother who's one heck of a skilled baker, what do you expect! LOL

After enjoying some of that muffin, and then arriving across the street, I was interviewed by Michelle and her chief graphic designer. By and large, I think it went very well. Both were friendly, informative, and the tasks they outlined -- the ones I would be responsible for -- were hardly beyond my capabilities. In fact, I'd even consider them a fun challenge!

Yes. It's an excellent neighborhood, similarly-aged friendly co-workers, and creative tasks I am more than familiar with... This could very well be a perfect fit. If I get the job. Which I hope.

After the interview, I thanked them and was once again on my way back home. The sun was still shining, and the Lakefront just as beautiful. If I get this job, that'll definitely be a perk. I don't get down to the lake near as often as I'd like. Working up there, I'd be going by it every day. On beautiful spring/summer days like this, I'd have every opportunity to walk down by the water, explore downtown a little more, maybe visit Grand Avenue Mall. I can't argue with that.

Hey, this could be a win-win situation! According to Michelle, I should know whether I won the job or not this Wednesday. I suppose it could go either way. Who knows how many people were interviewed. Nonetheless, I've still got my fingers crossed. In the end, here's hoping I'll be headed towards Whitefish Bay on a daily basis!

We shall see.

But, now that I'm back home again, the day is far from over. I've been up for nearly seven hours already, though, so I think I'll grab a bite to eat, a nap, and then get back to work on some of these freelance projects. So far it's been a great morning. Here's to a beautiful rest of the day.

Have a blessed Monday all, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)