Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, April 17, 2005


"Renewed in Mind & Spirit"

Yesterday was "just one of those days." A real downer to put it plainly, although why, I still haven't figured that out. But, today has been a far more interesting one, and I certainly thank God for that. Sometimes all you need to turn around a down day, is to commune with God's Word, and spend time with friends you love. Plus, the fact that the weather outside is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS helps as well! ...Although, as far as I'm concerned, "gorgeous" is by far an understatement. It's far too sunny, breezy, and oh so bright and cheerful outside to be just a mere gorgeous day! Right now, though, I just can't think of any more appropriate adjectives! :)

This morning was a good start to the day, though. Sunday church was just what I needed to renew my spirit. And, it also ended up being a powerful reminder of just how good a "Good Shepherd" my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ really is. Sometimes to be renewed spiritually, we just need to be reminded of how important Christ is in our lives, and how dead to sin we are without Him. For some reason, I really needed that, and being reminded helped rebound me from a not-so-up day yesterday. God works in strange ways, and, as was the case this morning, he used the Message in church to achieve that end. He knows me far better than I do.

After church, with the spirit renewed, my heart and mind were up to bat. Scott (roomate) and I stopped at his grandmother's house to visit with both her and his sister, Diana. Chatting with those two cheerful women (three if you count the neighbor who came downstairs for a bit to enjoy some of the birthday cake Diana had made for her) did wonders to renew my heart and mind. I am still astounded by how vibrant and cheerful Scott's grandmother is. For a 90 year old woman, she never ceases to surprise me with both the scope of her heart, and the curiousity of her mind. She may not realize it herself sometimes, but she really is a blessing to those around her, and to have come to know her, is something I myself count as a personal blessing.

Diana, well, she's another story -- a good story, certainly -- but one I'm sure she would rather I not get into too deeply here in my blog. Let's just say, she's the age-opposite of her grandmother. Charming. Friendly. Witty. And, VERY warm-hearted! I can't help but be invigorated by her cheerful disposition and her usual positive outlook on life. To put it simply, being around her warms my heart, and whether that's a product of something deeper, or just the sign of a good friendship, I don't know. But, I do know one thing, she never ceases to amaze me, and that amazement continues to be source of great joy for me. That too I consider a true personal blessing.

The Lord does indeed work in unexpected ways. He presents me with a strong Message to remind me of things I all too often neglect in my daily life, and in the process restores my soul. Then he presents an opportunity to share the company of two of the warmest caring people I have ever known in my life, while restoring my heart and mind in the process. The Lord knows me all too well. And He really does know when and how to cheer up the spirit when it needs it most.

For these reasons and more, I continue to remain in awe of Him. And I can only hope that someday, I can have the same effect on others as those who have entered my life have on me. Renewal is usually a personal thing, unique to each one of us according to our own spiritual and emotional needs, but, often overlooked, is just how contageous it can be to others around us.

Be infectious, and don't be afraid to share the joys of life with those around you. Afterall, it may just be the one thing they need most on a "not-so-up" day.

Have a blessed Sunday all, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)