Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, June 17, 2005


"Arthur Audition #2"

Yep. Gotta love call-back auditions. It's that lovely in-between time when you haven't gotten a role yet, but you also haven't not gotten one. It signifies that a director doesn't want to give up on you... but he/she doesn't want to give you a role yet either! LOL

Overall, though, my "Arthur..." call-back went pretty well. There seemed to be much more of a turnout than expected, and I got to meet a number of wonderful people -- most of them younger than myself. The only real disappointing thing about the evening, however, was that I was not allowed to take up a sword and join the fight choreographer for his second round of fight auditions. He said he had "seen what he wanted to see from me" on Monday. Unfortunately he seemed a little cold when he said it too. Either he was a little stressed out, or he really *didn't* like what he saw on Monday. Who knows. It was a little hard to tell.

But, as we always say in theatre, "the director always knows best." :)

As there were a lot more girls/women at the audition then us guys (and the guys were all auditioning with the fight choreographer), I was able to do a lot more reading than expected. Mostly with the actresses. And that meant a lot more opportunies to try out various takes on the male characters. For an actor, that's the fun part we all live for at an audition. It's the part where we truely get to "play"! So, while I was unable to take up the sword, I was still able to take up the characters. And in the end, it all worked out.

From what I hear, the cast should be announced sometime next week. I'll let you know what goes, and until then, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Have a blessed weekend all, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)