Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, June 05, 2005


"I Hate it When That Happens!"

Well, no church for me this morning. My alarm and subcontious mind were feuding.

See, I seem to have a moody subcontious mind, and sometimes he acts up at the most inopportune times. Call it a bad habit I guess. Whatever is it, it's an infrequent "habit" I seem to have very little control over. I'll set my alarm clock to wake me at a certain time, apparently turn if off while still sound asleep, and then wake up 45 minutes later baffled and wondering why the stupid thing didn't go off and wake me up when I told it to!

I find that immensely frustrating. But what's even more frustrating is that I can't predict when it will happen. Normally, I have no problems waking up when I intend to -- in fact, my internal clock is usually quite punctual. I'll often even wake up moments BEFORE my alarm clock goes off and then be scared half to death from the loud noise in my ear! How that seems to work out so regularly, I have no idea. But it does.

And then there are those mornings when my alarm clock and subcontious mind have some vendetta against one another, and decide not to cooperate. Maybe they think it's funny, I don't know. But me.... I hate it. I really do! It bugs me to no end!

Unfortuntely, today was another one of those mornings. And of course, that also meant I missed church. Even Scott woke up late (five minutes before church to be exact), and he was already rushing out the door when he stuck his head into my room and verbally removed me from sleep. My head still groggy from being snapped out of uncontiousness so suddenly, I just pounded it in disgust, and hit the pillow for another hour. Go figure.

Bah! Stupid subcontious mind. Missing church because my mind is fueding with my alarm clock really is a stupid reason, isn't it? Heh. Stupid subcontious mind.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)