Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, September 11, 2005


"The Liar Begins...."

Well, I think I can honestly say that this first weekend of performances for "The Liar" has gone very well. We, as a cast, have really come together, the show is witty and energetic, and the audiences have been quite receptive -- continually offering high praise. Not bad, considering my pre-performance concerns.

Opening night was also a great opportunity to bond with the cast -- at a local restaurant-- after the show. The food was excellent, and the company engaging (especially in regards to the theatre horror stories that were told!). I even discovered -- much to my surprise -- that one of my fellow cast members goes to the same Lutheran church as I do! How cool is that! I guess I'll just have to keep an eye open for her and her husband every Sunday, now, won't I? ... LOL.

That's one of the things I love so about theatre and acting -- the people you meet. You never know who you might end up working with. Some of my fellow cast mates I've worked with in the past; some I'll see again in the future. But, in one way or another, it's those bonds that make this thing called acting so enjoyable. And it's those bonds that make this career all the more worthwhile.

But, it's only been one weekend so far, so I really shouldn't offer a tearful summary just yet. With three stellar performances on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday behind us, it's time to look toward our closing weekend at the end of this week. We as a cast have Monday through Wednesday off -- which will be a nice break from the routine -- but then we're back for our final five shows starting Thursday. We close with a 3pm matinee on Sunday.

So, here's to a new week, a few days off, and a strong finish to wonderful theatrical run. If you haven't had the chance to see the show, and are still interested, feel free to drop me a line, or check out the theatre company's website for more details. Otherwise, have a blessed new week, stay tuned, and until next time....

Your happily blogging actor friend,
-Jon Baas

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)