Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005


"Home For The Holidays!"

Well, I just returned from visiting family up in Minneapolis for the holidays. I went up there by train on the 15th (which, by the way, is THE way to travel!), spent nearly two weeks there, and then returned by Greyhound (yes, the bus, not the dog) earlier today. It was an excellent vacation from the norm, and a true blessing to be in the company of my entire family.

These days, with all of us Baas' spreading out further and further around the country, family gatherings will probably become harder to coordinate. But, we seemed to make it work this year. Ben graduated into the Marines out in California just before Christmas, and was given leave before shipping out to advanced training in January. Becca flew up from her Air Force base in Texas, Joel came back from college elsewhere in Minnesota, and Rachel and I took the train from Southeastern Wisconsin. With both my parents and the youngest sibling, Lydia, still at home, it made for a busy house again. But it also ended up being one of the best Christmas gifts of the season! We may not be so lucky next year.

Most of my time was spent enjoying the company. My brothers and I spent quite a few hours immersing ourselves in their Xboxes (gotta love a good gaming console!). My mom and I did a little exploring (well, ok, shopping, and walking the Skyway in downtown Minneapolis). I took the new light rail to the Mall of America for an afternoon. My dad treated the entire family to film showings of Narnia and King Kong (both exceptional movies by the way!). And, otherwise, I just relaxed. No work. No rehearsals. Lots of free time! The way Christmas should be.

By the time today rolled around, I packed up, reluctantly said my good-byes, and hopped the bus out of Minneapolis. I'm back in Milwaukee now, and it's time to jump right into work, acting, and my generally creative life again. But, I don't mind. I like my work. It's nice, though, to be able to set it aside once in a while and go back to your roots. Afterall, that's what Christmas is all about. Family. Thanksgiving. And the celebration of our Savior's birth. And this year was a personal highlight for all three!

So, with Christmas behind us -- and hopefully just as many joyous memories for all of you this season -- I wish you a blessed New Year, and much success as the door opens on 2006. Stay well, and may your cup runeth over these next few months.

Much love from me here in Milwaukee to all of you! Happy New Year!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)