Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006


"A Day of Dust and Paint"

Dust doesn't taste very good. Especially dust that's been sitting in an old basement for years. Mix that with the slightly sweet smell of new wall paint, and, well, it makes for an interesting experience to say the least.

Today I lent a hand to my landlord as he cleaned out the basement of one of the old houses he manages near downtown Milwaukee. It had lots of old wood, fifty year-old rolls of scrap linoleum, and a few odds and ends to be removed. Stuff that had been there for years. It was certainly hefty work, but also good for the 'ole heart. Plus, I also helped him rip a mumber of ugly green tiles off the wall in the kitchen, presumably so he could remodel that at some point in the near future too.

I'm no construction worker, not even a carpenter, and my talents certainly don't lay within this kind of work on a regular basis, but it is nice to have a landlord who has work in exchange for a few credits off my monthly rent. It also affords me an opportunity to get out and do a little heart-pumping work which doesn't always happen in my actor/artist job description. I love what I do on the creative end of things, but I also appreciate my landlord's kindness and his efforts to make things a little easier for me. He's a good guy. And as long as the work he has for me doesn't get too repetetive (and some recycling guy doesn't smash any more fingers!), I'm more than happy to spend a day here and there among dust and paint.

Life is all about lending a hand, helping someone else in need, and interacting favorably with those you meet along the way. Sometimes it involves dust and paint, sometimes it may be far less strenuous, but if you pursue everything with a cheerful heart, a friendly smile, and an eagerness to expand your knowlege, life suddenly becomes an adventure. And I'd take an adventure to the monotony of a rigorously scheduled life anyday!

Have a blessed Thursday all, find your adventure, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)