Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, January 23, 2006


"Marla Olmstead"

Marla Olmstead is an abstract painter. She attracted international attention when The New York Times displayed her first major exhibition. Her work has been featured on The Today Show, CBS Sunday Morning, BBC World News and in Time Magazine. She enjoys reading, cooking, and gymnastics, but she is at her best before the canvas.

Marla Olmstead is 5 years old.


UPDATE:

Out of curiousity, I decided to dig a little deeper into the story behind this brilliant child prodigy, and I found the following CBS News article. While interesting, it does bring up the valid question... Is Marla for real, or is she merely a clever hoax created by her amature artist parents? I don't know. That's a pretty mean thing to do to a 5 year-old. What do you think?

"New Questions About Child Prodigy"

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)