Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006


"Just a little paint"

I did some painting today. Nothing involving a canvas. But it did spruce up part of the kitchen in an old house. And the changes look far better than the original paint scheme! It almost makes you wonder, who in the earlier part of the last century, started the trend that colors like pistachio-lime green, muddy dirt brown, and various shades of burnt-toast yellow were attractive as wall paint? Blech. They look horrible (even worse when faded and dirty with age)!

Then add things like flowered wall paper and black and white checkered flooring!... Yikes!

Was it a matter of some celebrity starting a design fad, or was the sense of design that rediculously mis-matched? I'm sure our desendents will shake their heads at some of our current design fads, but, come on, there's really no excuse for designing your house in colors like that!

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)