Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, March 05, 2006


"Flower Drum Song"

This evening Scott and I were invited to see a performance of the Rodger's and Hammerstein musical, "Flower Drum Song" at the local Lutheran high school. Scott's aunt teaches there, and directs the theatre productions every year. Tonight she had two complimentary tickets on reserve for us, so we accepted, and took in some theatre.

Overall, it was a pretty good performance. Very enjoyable, well cast, and for a high school musical, far better than I had expected. One of the art professors from my old college designed the set, one of my old classmates was Technical Director, and yet another stage managed. I'm not all that big a fan of musicals, to be honest, but this one was definitely worth seeing. It also ended up being a subtle reminder that I really should get out and see more live theatre. Being in a production is one thing, but seeing one from the audience is a whole different ball of wax.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)