Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, March 10, 2006


"Paint My Pixels"

Alright folks, you're the first to hear about this online. I've launched my lastest creative project, and I'd like to invite you to be part of the experiment. It's called, "Paint My Pixels", and it attempts to answer the following question, "Can thousands of artists all over the world work together to create a single painting, using only small blocks of colored pixels?"

For $1, anyone can choose a 100-pixel block and have it colored with one of 140 colors from a predetermined color palette. This block can also be "signed" and have a link to the website of the buyer's choice. But unlike the old idea of pixel advertising, the final result of all 5400 color blocks will be something more than just a random clash of tiny little ads. Buyers will have the chance to influence the direction of an actual work of art that will be painted on canvas at the end of the project and auctioned off.

Anyone who takes part in this collaborative art experiment will be part of a historic piece of art -- the first of its kind -- that will ultimately be displayed as fine art in someone's home.

So, you wanna help me paint "The World's First Internet Painting"?

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)