Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, March 02, 2006


"World Baseball Classic"

The 2006 Olympics may be over, but the World Baseball Classic has just begun. I tell ya, what a great season for monumental sporting events! This is actually the first year of the WBC, and the game that I caught on television this evening (on my local independant station too no less!) was the first ever matchup in baseball history.

For someone like myself who has grown up watching American baseball teams playing in American stadiums, it was a little odd watching two Asian teams playing each other in the massive Tokyo Dome in Japan. But watching Korea sweep Chinese Taipei in a masterful show of pitching prowess, I am remainded of just how great this American sport has become. One hundred years ago, baseball was just coming into it's own here in the United States. Now it's a world-wide affair, with professional teams not only in the United States and Canada, but also in Japan, Korea, China, South America, South Africa, Europe, and Australia.

Pretty cool for a game involving just a ball and a stick.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)