Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, April 01, 2006


"Free Money!"

Hurry, this won't last. It's a list of stolen credit card numbers that you can use online.

I just bought a sports car -- something I've been wanting for a long time!

-Jon

UPDATE: (4-2-06: 8:01 pm)

Yes, this was an April Fool's Joke. Happy April Fools! The website, vast.com, on April 1st only, extended their site to include a search engine that crawled the web looking for credit card numbers, which they then presented as search engine results for gullible people the world over to try using. Of course, in the spirit of the day, the entire search and all credit cards were fake. But it did prove to be an enjoyable diversion full of foolery and good natured fun.

The only sad thing about that Vast.com prank... I really liked my car.

I myself didn't pull a "Jon-specific" April Fool's prank this year. After last years' highly successful post about my sudden (and completely made up) wedding announcement, I decided to sit back and enjoy the pranks everyone else pulled. Maybe I'll get back in the game next year. Then again, maybe not. You never know.

Well, ok, I guess I did pull one little prank on my Paint My Pixels project, and had it linked from across the net. Ironically, as a result, that actually led to a somewhat high traffic day on the site. Heh. Go figure. I guess a clever prank does have it's rewards! :)

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)