Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006


"Chemical Burns"

A word of advice, be careful how you handle some of the more heavy-duty cleaning solutions, chemical burns can be quite painful.

Yesterday and today I spent most of the day(s) helping my landlord paint and clean one of the apartments that he owns in preparation for the new tennants moving in later this week. One of the last things I did this afternoon was scrub out the tub/shower in the newly-painted bathroom. Unfortunately, however, foolish me neglected to realize just how concentrated the cleaning solution was, and I ended up getting minor chemical burns on my right hand.

Thankfully, though, the burns were confined to the tips of three fingers, but it still hurt. So, for the next few days, I'll probably have hyper-sensitive fingertips -- and I can't tell you how inconvenient that's going to be (especially since I'm right-handed)! But, I've definitely learned my lesson.... Don't assume all cleaning solutions are the same, because they're not. Some can burn through your skin on contact.

Ironically, too, while this was more my fault than anything, these burns are my fourth notable injury while working for my landlord.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)