Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, October 20, 2006


"The Curse of the Crew"

As of last night, the news is official... the St. Louis Cardinals will take on the Detroit Tigers in the 2006 World Series of baseball. I'll be rooting for the underdog Tigers. Back in 1982, the Cardinals beat my Milwaukee Brewers in the Crew's only World Series appearance. The Cardinals have lost all three of their World Series appearances since.

So, as you can imagine, seeing St. Louis lose yet another World Series would have a certain sweetness to it. Beating up my Brewers in 1982 did not make this Milwaukeean happy. Besides, Detroit is about due for a Series win. 1984 was their last big year, and until this season, they've been the losingest team in baseball.

So, here's to the Tigers, may their post-season wins continue to be spectacular, and may they hand the Cards their fourth straight World Series loss. I'd really like to see the "Curse of the Crew" continue. When my Brewers finally win the World Series (like they should have in '82), THEN, and only then, will St. Louis be released from it's string of World Series defeats. Until that point, however, and for the duration of this post-season, if I know my wildlife correctly, don't felines find chirpy little birds to be an appetizing treat? :)

Have a wonderful weekend all, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)