Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006


"Monday in Review / Tuesday Teaser"

Bah. Today (Monday overnight) was one of those days/nights where my smaller projects took priority. Things like correspondence, getting caught up on a few long-term tasks, a little brainstorming, etc. Nothing too significant mind you, but still still nonetheless important. From time to time, there just need to be days where the large projects take a backseat for a while... and the smaller ones get caught up so they don't fall too far behind.

Today was one of those days.

But tomorrow -- (Tues/Wed overnight) -- I'll be back at the drawing board again, and starting another commissioned art project. In fact, as of late, most of those projects have been custom Star Trek portraits. In short, I obtain personal photos from a client, combine them with elements from Star Trek image sources, and create a realistic graphite portrait as if that person (in the portrait) looked like a Klingon, alien, or Starfleet officer (in the uniform of their choice) straight out of the Star Trek universe. It's become quite a unique collectable lately!

But, then again, leave it to me to find something creative to work on, right? I love Star Trek. I love to draw realistic portraits. Put the two together, and, well, you end up with one of my largest, most popular projects at the moment. Not bad, eh? :)

At some point in the near future, I'll be writing about this project in more detail, and I'm hoping to get a gallery of some of these finished portraits online, but for the time-being... consider this a brief teaser into what I've been doing lately. Very brief.

And, if you still need that one-of-a-kind Christmas gift for the Star Trek fan in your life... you know who to call. I'd love to tell you more about it. Drop me an email, and I'll hook you up. ... [wink]

For the present, though, I think I'm heading off to bed. It's been a long day/night... Time to catch some "Z's". So, to all of you, have a wonderful Tuesday, and until the morrow,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)