Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, November 23, 2006


"Thanksgiving"

Today, for Thanksgiving, I traveled to small-town Wisconsin, and spent part of the day with my aunt (my mother's sister), uncle (Lutheran pastor), and their army of kids (aka, my younger cousins). Most of my own family (minus my Air Force sister in Texas, my Marine brother in Iraq, and my actress sister up in Northern Wisconsin) were also able to make it. Then, add in two of my uncle's brothers, their mother, two teenage daughters (second cousins?), and two very patient cats, and it made for a very busy household! -- (roughly 18 people!)

But the food was great (two huge turkeys -- which were pretty much picked clean -- all the traditional Thanksgiving side dishes, and about half a dozen pies baked by my aunt), the company was enjoyable, and it was a great way to share thanks for the blessing of family. It's the little things like this in life that create the greatest of memories. And for all of them I am abundantly thankful.

Thanksgiving may be a one-day affair, but in all honesty, thanks giving should be every day of the year. No matter what your station in life may be, there is never a shortage of things to be grateful for. But life isn't just about tangible things... no, it's about the intangible too: faith, hope, and love. And the greatest of these is love.

Have a wonderful Friday all, and until next time,

Your thankfully blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)