Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, December 01, 2006


"Blizzard Friday"

Ok, I stand corrected: not only has Winter arrived, it's arrived with a bang -- a big wet sloppy bang. Snowfall is heavy, thunder has been heard around the area, and blizzard warnings have been issued for all of Southeastern Wisconsin.

So far, here in milwaukee, over 6" of snowfall has been recorded. I even gave up on shoveling earlier this morning, because, as soon as I cleared a section of sidewalk, it would be entirely covered again. It's wet. It's sloppy, and it's still falling.

Snowfall predictions have risen to 13-15 inches.

According to the news, ALL Milwaukee Public Schools are closed (total closings so far: 606), many flights out of Milwaukee's international airport are cancelled, cars are crawling along the highways, a salt truck has overturned... and it's not over yet.

The local news had this to say: "If you leave the safety of indoors, you are putting your life at risk. If you must travel, bring along a winter survival kit and stay with your car if you become stranded."

Yes, it's THAT messy! :)

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)