Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, December 02, 2006


"Buried by Winter"

Wow, yesterday (Friday) was one killer of a snow storm! The official snowfall numbers are in, and here in West Allis (suburb of Milwaukee where I live), we recieved nearly 12" of the white stuff. Closer to downtown Milwaukee, a record 10.1 inches fell, beating the previous record of 2.8" set in 1985. And, just to the south of us, in Kenosha, WI, they recieved a whopping 17" -- yesterday's record snowfall for the area. Chicago -- just a bit further south -- clocked in at only 6 inches.

Yes, Winter is here, and it decided to bury Southeastern Wisconsin. Yesterday it took me four hours just to dig out the sidewalks and front steps where I live -- and I could probably go back outside right now and shovel even more. I ended up getting very little of my own work done during the day, and when I finally did get to bed, I slept for 12 hours.

Thankfully the snow has stopped falling, and we did start to see the sun by mid-afternoon Friday, but the temperatures have dropped significantly from the mid-to-low 60's we were having earlier in the week. Right now, it's only 14 degrees. Winter is here, and it's here to stay... I'm just hoping the entire snow season won't be like this. It's pretty, but it's a real bear to move. :)

"Blizzard Dumps More Than Foot Of Snow; Blamed For Death"

"Snowed under, digging out -- 14.5 inches falls, man dies shoveling"

"Storm blankets Midwest, grounds planes"

Have a great weekend all! Stay warm. :)

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)