Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, January 01, 2007


"A Date For New Years"

Usually on New Years Eve, I hang out in my apartment (by myself), maybe watch the ball drop in Times Square, and do very little out of the ordinary. Pretty sad, I know. But in my defense, I'm not really a big New Years Eve reveler in the first place. Partying just isn't my kind of thing.

However... This year was a little different. I had a date.

Yes, ...[gasp]... yours truely actually had a date! And yes, it was a planned event. Due to geographic limitations, however, my Southern beauty of a friend remained in Tennessee, and I stayed put right here in good old Milwaukee. Our "date" ended up being a 10-hour conversation -- thanks to the wonderment that is the internet.

So, moral of this story? In this day and age, amazing soul-mate friends do not have to live next door to be amazing company. They do not have to be present in order to feel the warmth of their heart. And, great distances do not diminish the blessings of friendship.

Jenny, thank you for sharing your morning with me today. I could not have asked for a better way to ring in the new year! And everyone else... Welcome to 2007!

Have a safe and Blessed New Year all!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)