Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, March 10, 2007


"A week with Jenny"

"I think God makes hearts like puzzle pieces. Some just fit together by design."

As you know, my beautiful Love, Jenny, came to visit this past week. In fact, she flew all the way up from Tennessee just to spend her Spring Break here in Milwaukee with me. And let me tell you, it was a wonderful seven days!...

I took the week off from work, so both Jenny and I were able to enjoy each other's company relatively uninterrupted. We went to my church on Sunday, tracked down a DVD copy of her favorite movie to watch Sunday night, and tip-toed carefully down the cold icy sidewalks. As the days went by, though, it warmed up significantly, and soon our romantic arm-in-arm walks became far more pleasant and enjoyable.

For the first few days of her visit, we didn't really do too much. Most of the time we just sat on the couch chatting of romance, watching cute movies, and resting against each other. I (with the assistance of my roomate Scott, who was also around) cooked for her too. And I think she was rather impressed. Early on, she even baked some tasty peanut butter bars, and with those as dessert, our meals turned out to be pretty sweet and memorable.

On Thursday, we ventured down to the Milwaukee lakefront (Lake Michigan), but upon finding that it was far windier and chillier by the water's edge, we headed back up through downtown, stopping at a mall or two along the way. I was even introduced to a Starbucks coffee beverage -- a raspberry moca -- which I enjoyed greatly. Normally, I avoid the taste of coffee, but this one I liked.

Then, with our adventure concluded for the day (and both of us newly caffinated) we returned to my apartment, grabbed a blanket or two, and cuddled up for yet another romantic movie.

On Friday, I discovered the ultimate adventure, and thanks to Jenny, I think it'll be one for the memory books. I went ice skating... for the first time. In the past, and as a young boy, I never took the opportunity. Now, with the love of my life beside me, we stepped onto the 400 meter indoor ice oval at the nearby indoor Pettit National Ice Center, and hand-in-hand, circled the track a few times. Oddly enough, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I only fell twice.

By the time today arrived, though, and far too soon at that -- it was time to take my Love back to the airport. So, amid hugs, kisses, and a few teary eyes, we parted ways... her to her airplane, and me to watch and wave as she left.

It was a wonderful vacation, and one that I will not soon forget. It's not easy being this in love with someone who lives 600 miles away, but we've succeeded for four months so far, and we'll make it work for the months yet to come. In December, Jenny graduates from nursing school, and after that, who knows what could happen. Someday I hope to marry her.

So, here's to the moments in life that we'll remember the most. Here's to a wonderful week spent with Jenny. And here's to the many challenges and successes that come with true love. May this continue to be one of many joys upon a long long road together. Here's to Jenny -- I love you!

Have a wonderful new week all, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)