Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, May 06, 2007


"Meet Jenny: An Interview"

Alright folks! Are you ready to meet my Jenny? Are you ready to meet the beautiful Tennessee woman who won my heart?

Last Sunday I wrote about her, I offered a link to her MySpace page, and I announced that she had agreed to an interview here on my blog. So, in keeping with that promise, I sat down with her this morning via instant messanger, and this is that interview.

Enjoy!



Jon Baas: Hey, dear! Good morning!

Jenny: Good morning to you, dear!

Jon Baas: How are things in the world of Jenny?

Jenny: Oh, they're just peachy now that finals are over!

JB: Ah, yes, that's right, you're on vacation! Any plans for the next week without classes?

Jenny: My biggest aim for the week is to paint my room. I've had primer white walls for quite a while now, and I love having color on the walls! I'd also like to catch up on some pleasure reading that has had to take the backseat due to school.

JB: Ah, yes gotta love color! ... [laugh] ... Any specific reading you're looking forward to?

Jenny: My first priority is to finish "The Four Loves" by C.S. Lewis, which you suggested to me quite a while back! I'm halfway done, and LOVING it! I've also got "The Screwtape Letters" (same author) also waiting in the wings. Between those and painting, I think that'll pretty much fill up my week!

JB: Sounds like fun! I wish I could be there and lend a hand with the painting. I've been doing that a lot myself lately, what with working for my landlord and all.

So, I'm sure my readers are curious. Aside from this week, you're usually in school finishing up your nursing degree. What made you want to go back to college a second time?

Jenny: Well, it was sort of a process in making that decision. After graduating the first time with a Biology degree, I quickly realized that there just aren't any jobs out there for that general of a degree. I worked for a while in a pharmaceutical lab, which solidified my interest in the medical end of things. I also rediscovered a strong interest in Anesthesia during that time, did some research into nursing, and realized that I can work with anesthesia as a nurse. I then heard about the program I'm in now -- that allows me to get my BS in Nursing in 18 months -- so I just jumped right back into school with both feet!

In addition to the anesthesia interest, too, I was really feeling the urge to help people in coping... lending them some of my smiles whenever needed. There's no better field than nursing for that.

JB: And you certainly have an irresistable smile, that's for sure! ... [grin]

Jenny: [grin] ... Oh, you're too kind, dear. hehe

JB: I try. ... [warm smile] ... So, you only have two semesters left before you graduate in December. What awaits you, as far as the rest of your training goes?

Jenny: Well, basically, I have lots of clinicals left. This summer I will be trained in geriatric nursing as well as critical care. Just basic classes, really. I'm most excited about the Fall, though. That's when I'll get to enter into my Senior Practicum, which involves my spending 240 hours with one Registered Nurse who will give me lots of individualized training. I will be in an Adult Neurological ICU for that, and will focus on both clinical skills and management concerns.

After all that is said and done, I will then have to pass an Exit exam to graduate with my BS in nursing and then take the dreaded NCLEX exam to get my certification as a Registered Nurse.

JB: Wow! And here I sit with a mere BS in Art! I spent all my time in the art studios creating, and the theatres playing pretend... I feel so under-educated! ... [laugh]

Jenny: Oh, I'm no more educated than anyone else! You're brilliant, dear! ... [grin] ... And you've seen MY drawing attempts! ... [laugh] ... And hey, look at it this way, I can take care of your hand if ever it decides to cramp up from all the drawing you do!

JB: Hey, it's a deal! ... [laugh] ... So, you graduate at the end of this year? Any ideas what you might want to do after that?

Jenny: Well, I very well may be making a move up north to begin my career as an ICU nurse. I've heard Milwaukee is very nice. ... [wink, wink]

JB: [laugh] ... Yes, yes it is! -- I think so anyway (although I'm probably a little biased!) ... You actually came up here to visit me this past March. What did you think of the area? Did you enjoy your visit?

Jenny: I actually fell in love with the area, despite the coldness! I'm not quite acclimated to that much cold yet! hehe. Everyone was also very friendly to me, which is how I often judge my experience with anything. I had a WONDEFUL time, and you were the best tour guide ever. ... [grin] ... I loved the walks we took, the bus rides, being cooked for every night!... You certainly pampered me, and gave me a great tour of your Milwaukee! My week couldn't have been better!

JB: Yay! I'm glad you had fun! ... And I'm still in awe that YOU chose to come up and visit me first! That was very thoughtful of you dear!

Jenny: There wasn't a doubt in my mind about coming. I just wanted to see my Jon!

JB: Yep. I'm DEFINITELY in love -- and with a beautiful nurse from Tennessee! I'm one lucky guy, that's for sure! ... [happy grin]... Oh, that reminds me, I've actually had a few questions regarding how you and I originally met. Would you like to do the honors this time?... [chuckle]

Jenny: [giggle] ... I'd love to, dear!

JB: Go for it! ... [loving smile]

Jenny: Well, we originally met on MySpace back in November of 2006. I was going about my day, reading random messages I'd received, when I came upon one from you! Your display picture was that of you as Edmund Swettenham from a performance of "A Murder Is Announced" and I thought you were handsome. I read your message, and, while I generally deleted random messages and friend requests from guys, your message intrigued me for some reason, so I wrote you back. We began sending LONG messages back and forth, and we've just never stopped!

While very random, God knew what he was doing! hehe

JB: Oh, definitely, that He did! ... And, you know, as of the end of this week, we'll have known each other for six wonderful months! That's a LOT of letters and corresponance! ... [BIG smile]

Jenny: You can say that again! Especially considering how long some of our chats can be!

JB: [sheepish grin] ... Yeah, I remember one from our New Year's Eve "date". What was that? Ten hours of chat, and something like 20-some pages of dialogue! (And that was just ONE of our nightly "dates"). ... [laugh]

Jenny: Yep! I think we shattered that 10-hour chat not too much later, too!

JB: Hehehe! Yep. Some day, 100 years from now, our decendants will be looking through the old love letters of Jon and Jenny and wondering, "Wow, it's going to take me a few months to read all these!" ... [laugh]

Jenny: [grin] ... But they'll be reading one of the greatest love stories ever written. I don't think they'll mind. ... [wink]

JB: Nope, not at all!. ... [wink]

Oh, and speaking of great love stories, not everyone knows this yet, but you and I have been talking seriously about marriage, perhaps in a year or two. Any thoughts you feel like sharing on that subject?

Jenny: [BIG smile] ... Well, I'm just absolutely thrilled that I am the woman who gets to marry you one day! God has certainly far exceeded what I'd ever dreamed of in a future husband, that's for sure. Everything about our lives fit together like perfect puzzle pieces -- with God as our superglue -- and that last puzzle piece will be put in place on our wedding day. No rushing into things, of course, but yeah... marrying you in a year or two is something I'm very serious and excited about! Plus I'll get to be part of the Baas family. I already feel like I am, to be honest! ... [smile]

JB: Oh, and you'd fit right in too! That, and you'd be gaining three sisters-in-law. I can just imagine the kind of sisterly teasing I'll have to endure when that happens! ... [rolls eyes sarcastically]

Jenny: I'm looking forward to that the most! ... [giggle, wink]

JB: [sticks tongue out and laughs, nudging Jenny playfully] ... I bet!

So, right now, you're living and studying down in Tennessee. But you grew up in West Virginia. I, on the other hand, have spent my entire life (so far) up north here in Wisconsin and Minnesota. What was it like for you growing up in the South? And what do you think about having fallen in love with a "northern boy". ... [chuckle]

Jenny: It was great! I love being from "the south"! People make fun of southerners for our accents and what have you, but we're raised with that good 'ole southern hospitality that I dearly cherish and carry with me wherever I go. I'm from a tiny little town in WV, though... not much to do around there other than being nice to our neighbors... "I reckon"... [laugh]. My favorite part is probably the food, though. Mmmm, Country cookin'! (I was actually talking with my friend the other day about how we'd make a salad, but then drizzle bacon grease on it! ... [laugh] ... Yummy, but oh so unhealthy!)

As for being in love with a northern boy... I LOVE it! My northern boy is the sweetest man I've ever known, and I LOVE how we tease each other about pronunciations. It's great fun! ... [wink]

JB: Yah der hey! You Betcha! ... [laugh] ... Like that? ... [wink]

Jenny: [laugh] ... Yep! And I still can't get you to say "bag" correctly. ... [playfully nudging Jon]

JB: Oh, I'll get it right... eventually! ... [laugh]

Jenny: hehe. Actually, since I'll most likely be moving to Milwaukee, I have a feeling I'll be the one changing some pronunciations! ... [laugh] ... Still gotta keep my southern twang, though. ... [wink]

JB: Oh, of course! ... Your "sourthern twang" is one of my favorite things about you, dear. That, and your beautiful singing voice, your stunning beauty, your love of cats, and... well, I guess the list is far too long for me to retell here, so I'll just sum it up, instead by saying.... you're definitely a life-long dream come true!

[looks at the clock] ... Oh, wow, time flies when you're having fun!

Jenny: hehe. Hmm, Yes, I suppose so! I've gotta get some rest before orchestra practice at church this morning!

JB: Well, dear, thank you for taking the time to sit down with me and share a little of yourself with my readers. I'm sure there are quite a few people wondering who my Jenny is! Now they know!

Jenny: I've had a blast, dear! It's a pleasure to meet everyone reading your blog. Feel free to take a peek at my MySpace if you want to know more! ... [BIG smile]

JB: Sounds like a plan. Y'all go take a look, now, y'hear? ... [wink]

Jenny: [laugh] ... I don't quite talk like *that* now, dear. hehehe

JB: [laugh] ... I know. Just teasing. I've gotta get a few pokes in every once in a while.

Well, dear, have a beautiful Sunday, and I'll see you later this evening!

Jenny: Ok, dear! I love you!

JB: I love you too!

**************************************

Have a great new week everyone! Thanks for reading!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)