Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, May 21, 2007


"Quote of the Day"

As the assistant manager at the apartment building(s) in which I currently live, I'm the person who fields calls from prospective renters interested in any available units. I set up showings for those units, shovel the sidewalks in winter, paint unnoccupied appartments, and take care of a variety of other tasks as needed.

As it just so happens, the phone has been ringing off the hook today, with people calling in response to an ad the landlord placed before leaving on vacation. The following excerpt is taken from a frequent conversation with people who call about open apartments throughout the year:

CALLER: Hi, my name is [name], I'm interested in the apartment you have available at [address]. Could you tell me a little more about the place? Do you allow dogs?

ME: No, unfortunately the landlord doesn't allow dogs. Most other pets are fine though.

CALLER: (usually sounding dejected) Oh, I see. So cats are ok, then, right?

ME: Yes. Cats are fine.

CALLER: I have a small dog, does that count?

ME: Um... No. That's still a dog.

CALLER: (again dejected) Ok. Thank you. Bye.

I tell you, some people are either hard of hearing, they just don't understand what "no" means, or they're extraordinarily desperate to find a place that allows dogs. I'll assume the latter.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)