Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007


"The Baas Boys"

My younger brothers, Ben and Joel, came for a visit yesterday. They're on their way down from Minneapolis, and over to Sandusky, Ohio where they'll be spending some time at Cedar Point (amusement park), then driving all the way westward to Ben's Marine base near San Diego (yes, that's almost 2000 miles!). He reports back from leave in two weeks.

They decided to stay here last night -- before heading through Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio -- and I, of course, was thrilled to see them. I haven't seen Ben since he deployed to Iraq early last Fall, and Joel, I haven't seen him since Christmas. But we had great fun, even if only for a short time. We went to the local Brewers game at Miller Park (in which they beat the rival Chicago Cubs... Wahooo!), we watched Disney's "Cars", and I got to talk with Ben for a few hours about his deployment in Iraq (which was *very* enlightening and enjoyable!).

From what he tells me, he'll return to his base, and then remain stateside for another 7-8 months before being eligible for deployment again. In other words, sometime early next year, he may be heading back to Iraq. But for the time-being, all Baas' are stateside, all is well, and the three Baas boys got to hang out together for a while here in Milwaukee. It's a rarity these days, but when the opportunity comes around, I'm NOT passing it up! Yep... Good times. Good times!

Have a great Wednesday all, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)