Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, June 22, 2007


"My Little Friend"

Today, after assisting my landlord in testing fire alarms at one of his [outside of Milwaukee] apartment complexes (and, unfortunately, frightening three cats in the process), we came back into the city to put up new window blinds at the second-floor apartment of another rental complex...

When we opened the front door, I had to smile, because there sitting on the top step of the carpeted stairs leading up to the unit, sat the cutest little sandy-haired kitten I have ever seen, his head cocked slightly watching us. When we reached the landing, he immediately started following me around, curious like a little puppy. And, unlike most cats I've seen, this little youngester didn't have a shy bone in his body! I would reach down and pet him, and he'd just rub his head gently against my hand and purr happily. And everywhere I walked, he was right there at my feet as if to say, "Oooh, cool... whatchya doin' now?"

Yep, *the* cutest little kitten I have ever seen!

I felt bad having to "lock" him in the bathroom, though. We couldn't have the little guy under foot all afternoon as we moved about pulling down old blinds, and replacing them with new. So, in the "locked" bathroom he sat, mewing forelornly from time-to-time. I have a soft heart for cats -- especially kittens -- and this little guy just melted my heart. I couldn't wait to let him out again!

Later, when we had finally finished our work, I opened the bathroom door, and crouched down to pet him, appologizing softly. He streeeeaaaaatched his little paws on the carpet, looked up at me, and then happily stood up on his hind legs, his front paws resting on my leg as if to say, "Pick me up! Pick me up!". He was already purring, eager to be social again. I knelt there for a few minutes giving the little guy some love and affection. He just purred.

When we finally left, he was sitting there on the stairs again, watching us (although, this time, I think he wanted to follow me home too!). He'd hop down a few steps as we neared the door at the bottom, and then look up at me expectantly. If I'd been able to, I would have taken him home in a heartbeat! But, alas, I couldn't, so I had to bid my little friend goodbye. Someday, though...
I'll just have to find me a loveable little companion just like him!

Hey, what can I say, I like cats. Especially cute little social ones! ... [happy grin]

Have a great evening all... and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)