Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, June 18, 2007


"A New Day: Jenny Update"

I think things are starting to look up again in terms of the issues Jenny and I have been struggling with lately. I could probably share the details myself, but I think we'll do something different this time, and let Jenny fill you in. The following are her words via her blog earlier this afternoon:

"I had intended to spill my guts about all the nittgy gritty details about what's been going on in my life lately. It's been painful and draining, but I think things are starting to get better again.

I won't hash out all the details, but just to get you up to speed, I've been having conflicts with Jon over Lutheran and Baptist doctrine, mixed together with unresolved feelings for my ex-boyfriend (whom I visited this weekend and made matters worse... or better ...depending on how you look at it.)

After this weekend spending time with my ex (who was in North Carolina umpiring minor league baseball games), and things not going all that well, I realized driving home that I needed to remove myself from the role of "girlfriend" for a while. My spiritual walk has been stagnant lately, and I know that's the cause of my hopelessness lately with everything going wrong.

I hate to hurt Jon by stepping aside for a while, but until I get my spiritual life in order, I don't feel like I can fulfill the role of girlfriend to anyone. And he deserves better than for me to string him along while I sort out old feelings and new feelings and everything in between. He is amazing, though, and refuses to step aside, though. He won't leave me or give up on me, which is very noble and speaks a lot of his love and character. I still feel bad that he's spending his energy worrying about me right now, though. I'm not treating him well right now, and I don't deserve his loyalty. But, I suppose I won't question it, but be thankful for him. :)

So, as of right now, I'm refocusing my attention to developing a deeper relationship with God again. I used to have one, but it's gone by the wayside lately, and I'm desperately seeking Him again. I got 2 new books and 2 new Bible study guides today, so I feel like I'm going in the right direction again... finally. It's a new day, and I'm gonna let God take the reins of my life back. I'll take it one day at a time."

I think the hardest part of all this is behind us now. Peace is settling in, and things are looking up again. But don't stop praying for us now. Pray that the Lord brings comfort, healing, and strength to Jenny through her renewed Bible studies. And pray that He continues to work patience and understanding in me, so I can learn to be the kind of support *Jenny* needs -- not the kind of support I think she needs.

We're both learning here... It'll just take a little more time and understanding.

Thank you to everyone for you advice over the past few days, your kind words of wisdom, and even just your hugs. They're much appreciated, and they mean the world to me.

Have a great Monday evening, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)