Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007


"2012 Olympic Logo"

This has got to be one of the ugliest Olympic logos I have ever seen. Yet, Seb Coe, chairman of the 2012 London organising committee seems to adore it. "This is the vision at the very heart of our brand. It will define the venues we build and the Games we hold and act as a reminder of our promise to use the Olympic spirit to inspire everyone and reach out to young people around the world. It is an invitation to take part and be involved."

Ok. Perhaps. But it you ask me, it looks more like they're trying to reach out to pre-schoolers. It's just downright ugly. And, what's worse, the design cost of this logo was a mere $536,974.80 USD. This simple artist would call that a colossal waste of money.

Personally, I prefer some of these fan-designed alternative logos.

"London unveils logo of 2012 Games"

"London 2012 team defend new logo"

"Epilepsy fears over 2012 footage"

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)