Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, July 19, 2007


"Eight Things"

One of my favorite bloggers -- Marsha Loftis -- tagged me today with a blogging meme. So, per the rules below, I must share eight facts about myself that no one else knows.

Rules of the Meme:

1. -- I must post these rules before I proceed.
2. -- I must list eight facts/habits about myself that no one else knows.
3. -- I must further this meme on my blog. Aka, I am required to write a blog entry.
3. -- At the end of this post, I must also list and tag a few bloggers of my own.
4. -- A comment on those blogs, informing them that they've been tagged, is recommended.

Alright then. Let's have some fun! Here are...


Eight little-known facts about me:
  1. I am a walking encyclopedia of Star Trek knowledge. Literally. I've gone to Star Trek conventions, I've met a few of the now-famous actors, and I'm working on building a collection of Star Trek memorabilia -- including props.
  2. I hated wearing blue jeans until half-way through my high school education.
  3. I won a Major League Baseball (MLB) essay contest shortly after my family moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota in the early 1990's. My prize: Tickets to the Metrodome to see a Minnesota Twins game from the luxury/press box. Ironically, my winning essay was written about the Milwaukee Brewers -- then-divisional rivals.
  4. I am connected to Russian royalty. My Great-Great-Grandmother Virkshus (paternal side of the family; first name and maiden name unknown) was a seamstress to the Czarina of Russia. One of Grandmother Virkshus' sons got involved in the Bolshevik opposition to the Czar, and was exiled from Russia. He emmigrated to America in 1906. His sister, who later emmigrated as well, became my Great-Grandmother.
  5. I have never broken a bone in my body. Not yet anyway.
  6. I have been interviewed by television stations throughout the Upper Midwest USA.
  7. I studied Latin in high school.
  8. A local Milwaukee-area housing development is named after my family. It resides on the original homestead owned by my Baas ancestors. "Baas East Point" as the development is now called, resides near "Baas Bay" of Big Muskego Lake. It is a gated community containing luxury estates.

Fun stuff, no? Of course, now that I've pursued this meme, it's time to pass it on to other bloggers I know. I tag, my Jenny (private MySpace blog), Gerard at The Presurfer, Jonathan Nail, my brothers Ben and Joel, and a few other bloggers. Have fun with it, and enjoy!

Have a great Friday all, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)